Our commitment to your privacy
NAK HAIR Pty Ltd ABN 50 103 624 451 recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information. We are particularly sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet, including our digital applications.
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
In general, you can browse our website and other NAK owned digital properties without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, there are a few places where we give you an opportunity to provide us with your personal information, such as signing up to receive more information from us.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include the following:
1. your name;
2. contact details such as your mailing or street address, email address and telephone number;
3. age or birth date;
4. any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect your IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, to measure the use of our website and to improve the content of our website. In short we use your IP to gather aggregate demographic information.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
1. through your access and use of our websites;
2. when you complete a sign in sheet or fill out a contact form on our website
3. if you enter a contest or sweepstake;
4. if you connect with us via a social network;
5. when you complete a customer survey or send us feedback; or
6. during conversations between you and our representatives.
If you choose to share any personal information with us, you will see that the amount and type of personal information we request depend on how you use our website.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
1. we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
2. we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want
3. we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to provide products or services to you and to send communications requested by you;
2. to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services, as well as to contact you regarding administrative notices;
3. to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
4. to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
5. for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of NAK hair.
6. to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
7. to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
8. to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
1. our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, electronic network administrators.
2. and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
3. any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at (email@example.com] via the contact details below or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Our commitment to security of your personal information
We want you to have continuing trust in NAK and in our products and services and so we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed..
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.